Filed under Random

Pros and Cons of Warwick

Warwick is an undoubtedly beautiful town. However, it has its downfalls. The school system is great, and our library was recently voted the #1 small library in the country by Library Journal Magazine. Bellvale Farms Creamery, with its delicious homemade ice cream and breath-taking views, was voted the second-best ice cream in the country by tripadvisor.com this summer. However, countless people, especially young adults graduating from college, do not move here because they feel there is not much opportunity for them here. The rents are extremely high, and there are not many job opportunities in the area.
Some people like the town for the seasonal aspect. In the winter, we have Mt. Peter and Mountain Creek nearby for the skiers and snowboarders, as well as places to go ice skating and sledding. In the spring, there are plenty of beautiful hikes in the area, including the Appalachian trail. In the summer, there is a plethora of things to do here in Warwick. People can spend the day in the village, at the highly-acclaimed Warwick Valley Winery, or at picturesque Greenwood Lake. A great way to end the day in the summer is watching the sunset over the valley while eating some delicious homemade ice cream at Bellvale Farms Creamery. Also in the summer, the Warwick Drive-In Movie Theater is open, which is a great place to spend the night with family, friends, or a date. In the fall, Warwick is home to an abundance apple orchards and farms, such as Pennings Apple Orchard, Masker Orchards, Ochs Orchard, and Applewood Orchards and Winery.
However, there are also things to do year-round. It’s no secret that Warwick has numerous high-quality restaurants, each with its own food and style. Also, the shops in the village of Warwick are open year-round, making it a great place to hang out and shop no matter what time of year it is. WVHS sophomore Jackie Grundfast said, “Warwick is a cute, quiet town with so many nice people. There are an abundance of boutiques and shops that make you feel as if you’re living in a big city, but without the hustle and bustle.”
Unfortunately, Warwick is not perfect, in fact, it is far from it. People, especially teenagers, tend to complain about the lack of good places to simply hang out. There is not a whole lot to do in Warwick, and after a while, people grow weary of doing the same old things here. Also, Warwick is not a cheap place to live at all. Rents are high, as are taxes. People are constantly moving away because they aren’t financially able to maintain their residence here. One thing that bothers a number of residents here is that there aren’t many sidewalks. There is a lack of mass transit, to get more easily to New York City, or even to get around the town of Warwick. Unless you own a car, or your parent owns a car, it is almost impossible to get around in Warwick.
Some desire more of a city feel rather than a country feel. WVHS sophomore Kaitlyn Fenton said, “Warwick is a small town with not a lot to do. Some of the shops in town are a little pricy. Warwick is also very separated from the rest of the world.”
The biggest age group lacking from Warwick is the young adult demographic. After leaving for college, many, if not most, people do not come back because there are very few opportunities here. There are few employment opportunities here that could lead to a full career. Also, there aren’t a lot of places for people that age to go, which is why some don’t move back here after leaving for college.
Warwick has its obvious good and bad qualities, much like any town or city. Nevertheless, this is the town where we live, and its aspects have a huge effect on our lives, whether we like it or not.

• Random

New York Driving Age

• Random

The Future of Yesterday’s

• Random

Be the Change

• Random

Femme Fatales – The Fifteen Percent

• Pros and Cons of Warwick

Random

#NoMakeup

• Pros and Cons of Warwick

Random

Save the Bees

• Random

Life Without Regret

• Pros and Cons of Warwick

Random

Are Our Phones Protected?

• Pros and Cons of Warwick

Random

A Hunch About Lunch

• Pros and Cons of Warwick

Random

Barbie’s New Look

Pros and Cons of Warwick