Why He Shouldn’t Take Office

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why He Shouldn’t Take Office

Anna Costa, Editorial Page Editor

We have a man who seems to have taken the whole country by storm running for the president of the United States of America, but should he really be running? Donald J. Trump is a man who seems to think the world of himself and what he can do for our nation. Though is he not the person we want to lead our nation’s military, solve our economic crisis, and help a nation divided become whole again.
Donald Trump says that he is a successful businessman who wants to keep jobs in America, though he walks around wearing suits that are not made in America, as seen recently on David Letterman. In the first debate this season between him and Hillary Clinton he kept stating that we need to keep jobs in America. But he must have forgotten to state how he is actually going to do that because not once did he state his actual plan.
He seems to be a man with this big plan to “Make America Great Again” but what does he actually plan to do, for all the people of America not just people who are like him? Mr. Trump has been, and is, attached to many different racial discrimination lawsuits and accusations. Donald also says that he wants to “ban all the Muslims” but how can we vote for someone who is discriminating against a whole religion because of the faults of a group in their religion? Letting someone ban a religion from a country that preaches that they are the “Land of the free and home of the brave.”is basically like saying that what we fought for just isn’t true at all. We cannot let a person who is so closed minded and discriminatory toward people who are not the same race as he is take the office after we have come so far by putting Barack Obama into the office.
The Earth is in the worst shape it has ever been, but we have a presidential candidate being quoted saying “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” In a time where what we do to save our Earth matters now more than ever are we really going to take the chance to put someone in office who doesn’t believe in climate change.
He also behaviors early similar a spoiled child.
If you watch any of the debates or just watch him speak at all, he sounds misinformed and childish. He is constantly interrupting and putting himself in front of others. He interrupts what people are saying with rude and childish remarks, that usually are just filled with nonsense. Donald Trump thinks that everything that comes out of his mouth is ten times more important than what others have to say. What about our military generals and our civil rights leaders? Are we going to let him just put what he thinks in front of what the people who were trained or make it their life’s mission for this position ideas?
He also like to refer to women in interviews and just daily life in a negative and demeaning way. As a women I feel as though a man who does not respect me because we have different body parts should not be the man who is supposed to protect, defend and help me.
For example the Meg Kelly incident and the recent video that dropped of him saying lewd and demeaning comments about women, and when asked about it in the second debate between him and  Hillary he said that it was just “locker room banter”. When did saying that it was just “locker room banter” mean that is okay to brag about touching women without consent?
Trump says that he will give our generals 30 days to solve the ISIS issue, but I would like to ask him what he thinks seasoned and experienced army generals  have been doing this whole time and what does he think he can do, as a man of little military experience think he can do better than they. He has said “I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.”.
Do we want to give a man our nation’s military launch codes when he has proven to be extremely impulsive? He could easily start World War III because he is feeling a little mad at another country or leader.
Being the President of the United States of America means that you have to be able to control your emotions and as we have seen with Donald Trump he is not able to do that. Mr.Trump has a tendency to speak out without thinking and it ends up usually being disrespectful to someone.
Hillary Clinton, the other nominee, trumps Donald in the experience department. She has been involved in politics practically her whole life while Mr.Trump has never been involved. He is extremely inexperienced in what goes down in our in our nation’s politics and the White House. In an article in Goliath it stated “But Washington, D.C., is not Wall Street, and getting things done in the nation’s capital takes more than a big personality and strong will.”.
People have been calling this the biggest election in years and years and we need to be very careful in taking this next step this next step. The world is in a fragile place so before you go and vote or think about who you would vote for if you could, please think about all the aspects of the candidates. No one can say that either of them is perfect but there is one that should not get to step into the oval office and sit where men who have saved this country have sat: That person is Donald Trump.

• Editorial

Trumps First Year

• Editorial

They Need Their Money Now

• Editorial

Tired of It

• Editorial

Are We Too PC?

• Editorial

Artificial Intelligence

• Editorial

The Dreamers

• Editorial

This Needs to Stop

• Why He Shouldn’t Take Office

Editorial

Are We Really Being Educated

• Why He Shouldn’t Take Office

Editorial

Betsy DeVos: Education

• Why He Shouldn’t Take Office

Editorial

Are Pit Bulls Perfect?

Why He Shouldn’t Take Office