Then. Now. FOREVER.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Then. Now. FOREVER.

Kyle LeDuc, Staff Writer

World Wrestling Entertainment has been around for a long time and many iconic superstars have come and gone to keep the fans entertained. Some of those superstars are Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Randy Orton. All these superstars influence the fans in many different ways but they all have one common goal – the fans come first. These superstars have a passion for what they do and many of their historic moments will never be forgotten.
Hulk Hogan was one of the first huge WWE superstars and he had many fans behind him. Hulk Hogan was the company’s showpiece attraction due to his charisma and renown. Physical Education teacher Mr. Jacobsen said, “I was always a big fan”. Hulk Hogan also received more popularity when he made an appearance in Rocky III as Thunderlips. Hulk Hogan’s finishing move is his iconic leg drop where he put away many superstars. Hogan was the face of the company and he evolved into one of the most popular faces in professional wrestling.
Stone Cold Steve Austin was a fan favorite and brought more excitement to each and every fan. Stone Cold was the blue-collar warrior for the common man. He was the guy who broke the rules and he dared anyone to try and tell him what to do. Steve Austin raises his middle finger in the faces of everyone who opposed him and he doesn’t care who he flips off. Steve Austin’s finisher is the Stone Cold Stunner and to celebrate his victories Stone Cold smashes open some beers. Senior Brendan Egan said, “I think it was a turning point in American history when he [Steve Austin] Stunnered Donald Trump”. When the sound of shattering glass erupts throughout an arena, everyone knows it’s time to “Raise Hell!”
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is self-proclaimed the most electrifying man in all of sports entertainment. The Rock is also known as the People’s Champ and he electrifies every arena in which he appears. The Rock became a fan favorite and gained popularity through his charisma and trash talk. Social Studies teacher Mr. Candia said, “I love The Rock. The Rock is a 21st century Hulk Hogan. The Rock took ‘Hoganesque’ fame and brought it to the next level. Therefore the Hulkster envies him.” Dwayne Johnson is one of the highest paid Hollywood actors and he stars in The Fast and Furious movies, the tv show Ballers, and Central Intelligence. The Rock makes special appearances and if you “smell what The Rock is cooking” you’re in for a great experience!
John Cena is a 16 time world champion and he always brings excitement to the WWE Universe. John Cena will put a smile on each kid’s face who is a WWE fan and they are all part of the “Cenation.” John Cena lives by three words, “Hustle, Loyalty, Respect” and he is “the face that runs the place”. John Cena has made over 500 wishes for the Make-A-Wish foundation and he inspires each kid to stay positive and to keep fighting. Teacher Aide Pete Stika said, “To see a famous person do benevolent things on a national platform like Cena does inspire me to pay it forward everyday”. His motto to every fan is to “Never Give Up”. Cena’s finishing move is the Attitude Adjustment and “if you want some come get some”.
Randy Orton is a third generation superstar and he was the youngest world champion in WWE history. Randy Orton was known as the “Legend Killer” where he would punt WWE superstars in the head in attempt to end their careers. Now Randy Orton is known as the Apex Predator and he will strike with his famous move the RKO. When asked about the RKO, Senior Nick Parchinski said, “Best finisher of all time. The Vines are funny.” Randy Orton will hit an “RKO outta nowhere” and he can strike at anytime.
These five superstars all made a name for themselves in their own ways and influenced many fans. All these superstars bring a different type of excitement to the table to keep the fans invested. The fans mean a great deal to these superstars and they do whatever they can to keep the fans on the edge of their seats. WWE can be viewed Monday and Tuesday night at 8:00pm on the USA network as well as pay-per-view each month on the WWE Network.

• Sports

2018 Winter Olympics

• Sports

Sports Inequalities

• Sports

Cheerleading Olympics

• Sports

2017 Sports Highlights

• Sports

Sticking to Sports

• Sports

How the Game has Changed

• Then. Now. FOREVER.

Sports

A Change in Tradition

• Sports

Record Breaking

• Then. Now. FOREVER.

Sports

Perspective of an Injured Athlete

• Then. Now. FOREVER.

Sports

The Crew Team

Then. Now. FOREVER.