Healthy Body and Happy You

Back to Article
Back to Article

Healthy Body and Happy You

Angelica Figueroa, Environmental Page Editor

Lose weight fast! Be the better you with this new effective workout!” we’ve all heard something along the lines before. Each year there’s a new craze to lose weight and be healthy, but not everyone has similar techniques. Workouts vary for each person and everyone has different outcomes. Want more muscle? Using a balanced program that works mostly on making sure that you’re losing fat and gaining muscle is a sure way to balance out your system. Want a leaner slim body? Focus your attention to something more toning such as yoga, cardio, or ab workouts. According to Healthy Living-AZcentral.com, Cardio Vascular workouts also help raise your immune system and strengthen your lungs. Workouts differ depending on which part of the body you want to focus on, each part of the body can only strengthen if you use the right techniques

First, find a routine for your own personal gain. Not a morning person? Find time to workout in the afternoon or right before bed. Routines are made to fit your personal schedule but it’s good to switch it up every now and then because the muscles get used to it. Routines are made for various reasons such as building stamina , strengthening muscles and overall staying fit. Gabbi Gaibur, a sophomore volleyball player, stays fit for her sport. She plays all year round in order to keep her body in shape for volleyball. “I practice at least three times a week, we work on endurance and agility in order to do the best we can in our game.” This drive to win is a motivation for Gabbi to do everything she can to be at the top of her game. Another fellow athlete is sophomore Jake Burghardt, instead of volleyball, Jake’s focus is on Lacrosse which takes a lot of work as much as any other sport. Lacrosse is mostly cardio and agility, in order to keep up the player has to be in great shape. “I worked out in morning at 5:45am to focus on building up my stamina and working on the strength to keep up.”

Sport players are not the only ones with a daily routine, some people workout just to be in the best shape they can be. Coach Rodriguez, a Physical Education teacher, should know better than anyone that staying in shape is a good way to stay healthy. “I focus on my muscles, I do a program called H.I.T which is actually High Intensity Training, it helps me increase my strength and stamina”. Another teacher who is an expert on working out is Coach Lindsay. She gave advice tips such as “ make sure you switch up your workout routines so your body gets a challenge.” She also gave a glimpse into what she does.” I like to switch up my routine but if I was able to you would be seeing me almost all the time in the weight room lifting weights”.

Workouts can be almost anything from zumba to yoga or even just simply running. To pick a workout that is just right for you it’s a good idea to start off by trying new things. Like to dance? Try Zumba, it’s fun for any individual who finds fun in a positive atmosphere while dancing to upbeat music. Need a more relaxing workout? Yoga is great for the mind and soul.

Try new things and make sure to remember that you should do what makes you happy. Although we see exercise as a way to just lose weight and have a slim body, it’s good to be aware that it’s not just about weight but more about health. Exercise is meant for you to pursue a healthy lifestyle as well as bringing a new sense of being. Not only is working out healthy but it can be fun and enjoyable to! If you’re thinking about trying any of the workouts mentioned have fun with it, discover a new you, and remember to be happy with whatever you choose to do with your body. Your Body. Your Choice.